Friday, December 19, 2008

Meet the real people

Hello, nice to meet you, I am a genuine version of Leong Eva, I swear (it's just an expression, swearing is NOT polite at all) to tell the truth, only the truth, nothing but the truth.

Anyway, nice to meet you. You know, real people are actually kind of hard to find today. Real, meaning people who don't scheme, spy on you and you know be just plain fake around you. Since I am not old enough to be in the history, and obviously not fortunate enough in meeting people, I don't think I know more than a handful of real people with a TradeMark branding or a Copyright branding that comes along with them. The rest from the handful are as good as the things you have in your house with a tag of "made in China" things, which generally mean the chance of them being a fabricated good is around 80 - 90 %.

Well, let me introduce you to the first guy, I think most people will recognise if I would only describe, he is usually painted on stained glass windows in chapels, wears a pair of sandal and comes with long hair and a well-groomed beard. None other than Mr. Jesus Christ. We will skip the arguement of people who thinks he does not exist and go on with him being a living person with a genuine personality. I would say he is a genuine person mainly because we do not see people who come to you and skip saying "nice meeting you" and exchange it with "Do not be fearful." Certainly he is straight forward enough. Plus, Jesus didn't go like, "Um Peter, you know, you said that I shouldn't wash your feet. Um, I think um, you know, I should, but anyway, you know I love you right. But I think the good old Devil is just trying, of course I'm not blaming you..." Jesus is my personal idol the moment he shot "Devil, get thee behind me." How cool is that. I mean, if I ever say that with a serious face when somebody is blocking my way to church, they would think I'm a moron and beat me up. I like the way he deal with things, with a clean take it or leave it way. Now that is what I call, "with love, from Jesus."

The next one, I would like to give the honour of accepting this real person reward is none other than Mr. Alex Lim. Alex, if you are reading this, seriously, do not syok sendiri. Haha. 70% of the people I know thinks he's a freak, another 20% thinks he is gay and I think he is a genius and a darn good friend to keep for life. If you know this guy, you'll know that it is impossible for a person to fake what he does, simply because, one, he yells at people quoting from Shakespeare, two, he bakes apple crumble in class with his own oven because it helps him to deal with stress, and he keeps the rubber bands that he used to tie up the plastic bags because he happens to be a tree hugger. And he doesnt date simply because he hasn't meet that someone special. He holds the best example of someone who thinks so why should I care about what people say about me, I am the real thing, babe. Way to go, Alex. You rock my socks.

Francis probably qualify too. His ways can be totally unacceptable at times but the one thing I can be sure is that nobody can force him to fake anything without his consent. I know this fella since I am five and I do not think he has in anyway schemed, gossiped or act unlike himself in front of anyone or in any circumstances. So he hates almost half the things that people agree with, big deal, that's who he is. Even though sometimes it seems totally unreasonable, that's the thing about people who are real, they might change their view one day, but until they do, they would just keep it that way. It is really cool having a friend like that. And I plan to keep it that way too, if you don't mind.

For those who did not make it to the chart, being real ain't easy, you can choose to do it, try doing it or not bother at all. And I am sure you do rock somebody's world, being whatever you are now, REAL-ly.


with love,
Eva

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails