Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Big coat day and a glimpse of sunlight

Yet another try at photography


It had been raining for almost two weeks and finally we got some sunlight today. I don't mind winter that much really, just as long as it is dry and not too windy. Oh and I realise that I talk way more about weather when I am in New Zealand, simply because the weather changes so much and it is crucial to wear the right clothes, not just pretty ones but warm ones.

Mom called yesterday and asked me if I still dress up all pretty for school and I totally had this warm fuzzy feeling inside. Mom and I are both girly girls with a hint of tomboy-ish bully element. Many people that I know told me I am a lot like mom and I am glad. Whenever we go shopping together we would always secretly lock our doors and try out our clothes right after we got home. When I first started doing it, I used to think it so convenient, mom never comes and check on me when I was trying out my new clothes and making funny happy sounds in my room, turns out she had been doing the same thing in her room.

Anyhow, we got a glimpse of sunlight today and I am so totally appreciative of that and dressed up all nice. I was going for the Alexa Chung with big coat and denim dress look, complete with thigh high socks and everything, but this outfit only really saw the light for no more than an hour. I just walked to the campus right opposite our place to get some notes printed and back. Oh well, I did feel all happy looking all brit-like with my chignon so I guess it's all worth it.



Oh how I love big coats. Ignore me making a face. I was just too excited. Isn't this coat in the prefect length and colour? Oh coaats.


what I wore:
Denim dress
Just Jeans scarf
Thigh high socks
Clarks kitten pumps
Thrifted bag

4 comments:

PeiWen said...

nice =D

Unknown said...

you look so cute pulling faces :)
I really love your style and the photos you take, I'm a fan ;)

These socks in the first photo are the cuuutest!

Closet full of hopes and dreams said...

I love the outfit! And I love your moms question! You remind me so much of me when I was a student. I always dressed up, for class, for turning in a paper, for going to the library, well for just sticking my nose outside the door of my tiny apartement! Now I am a mom of two, and I still try to find time to dress up a bit to go pick them up at kindergarthen, get the mail, do some grocery shopping. :) Oh, you make me wish I could be a student again. But I am glad I can relive the fun moments through your blog without a single paper or final! Thank you! ;)

Delance Fashion said...

U look so cute! And sounds like u and your mom have some lovely times together <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails