Monday, January 26, 2009

My New Year Wishes

My buddies has been singing the song all I want for Christmas just now, so that song kind of stuck in my head. How I wish I can complete the sentence as well, like all I want for this new year is...

But the thing is, I don't know how to put it in words. How am I supposed to say my wishes is actually for a fairly good year even though I have no idea how to judge if it is good or bad since I am leaving and there are so many things left unsure. Yes, I'll be leaving for study. Yes, it can be temporary. And yes, as much as the percentage of it being temporary, the percentage of staying there for a possible career is just as high. No, I won't be gone for full three years, there will be breaks. Yes, the breaks are usually 2 to 3 months long and no, I am not sure if I will be back for all 3 months every year. Yes, I am ready to go off, and no, I am not sure if I am 100% mentally and emotionally ready. Yes, I am taking an interesting course. But no, I have not had any in depth classes on my majors. Yes, I do have a handful of people whom I will dearly miss. No, I am not sure if our relationship will stay that way.

I know I am greedy, and if you want me to list down the things I want for new year I won't miss out listing in a PSP, iPhone with 3G and a designer bag. But above those things that I am not sure if I can get, I think I just want a good year. A generally good year. That it goes smooth sailing. Even though I am so unsure, one thing I can be sure is that, there's a person who knows better, and even before I am there He is already there waiting for me to do the leap of faith.


Turning impossible to I M Possible with His strength,
Eva

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails